Tuesday, April 13, 2010

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Lady Bugs . . . at the lady bug pic-nic!

This is no bush my friends. It is a large pile of weeds that I plucked from the earth yesterday. Can I say that I love pulling weeds. I always have. There is just something about pulling them out with one's might that just makes all of my stress melt away.


As you can see, I have cleared half of this corner. I had been putting it off, because this area had been infested with lady bug larvae. I wanted them to hang around for my garden. I noticed that the weeds were going to seed and let's face it, I don't need more weeds than I already have.

As I was plucking my way along there were a lot of lady bugs scampering to hide under the grass. Yeah! They stayed. Hopefully they will still stick around and eat all of the nasty little bugs in my garden.

No comments: