Friday, June 4, 2010

Gotta Have My Garden Fix!

Okay. . . I want to start out by saying that gardening is incredibly addictive. I love it. This is the first garden that I have had in a really long time and honestly, I previously have only grown strawberries, tomatoes and herbs. This garden has been really fun! I have gotten a lot of squash already and am growing a couple more different kinds of squash that have not matured/ripened fully. My tomatoes are coming in and now look below! A cute little baby watermelon! I was really wondering if I would even get any.

Reading other people's blogs last year it seemed that they had a hard time growing watermelon's. I am very excited and showed it to my boys yesterday. Even though a lot of what I am growing are things that my kids think are highly questionable, they do still enjoy watching everything grow.

I thought that since this is my first real garden that I wouldn't plant too many things just to see how it goes. I definitely am going to go a bit more crazy next season. I would like to add a couple more garden boxes. Shhhh. . . don't tell James.