Monday, September 20, 2010

Apples


I have been converted to canning.  So far this summer I have canned tomatoes, chillies, pickles, and now I am working on apples.  These beauties are apple pie filling.  I only did one batch which made 7qt jars, but I will be doing more tomorrow.

                                      
       As you can see I still have a ton of apples left.  I think that I might dehydrate some as well.  I haven't decided yet.  I might do spiced apples or some applesauce.  We will see.

1 comment:

TrishAnderson said...

I help people here get UT fruit and also help them with any canning questions that they have. It is quite fun to have a finished product. This year all my fruit was made and canned into baby food. I figure that when we are ready for it it will save me time, money and be much more healthy for our little one. Where do you get tomatoes and chilies in bulk, or do you just buy them from the store?