Friday, January 21, 2011

Talking

It has been so strange to think that Dan is gone.  We still cannot believe it.  However, it has given us several opportunities to talk to our children about death and the Plan of Salvation.  How lucky we are to know that we will be able to be reunited with our family after death.  We have been weighed down by our grief, but how much harder would it be if we didn't have the knowledge that we do.  I am so greatful to have the fullness of the gospel, and because of James, that we are able to have the priesthood in our home. 

Our kids still have questions that they keep asking, but I am glad that we have answers for them.  This difficult time has really brought our family closer and that we appreciate each other more.  Even though I wish that Dan did not pass away, I am greatful for the good that it has brought into our lives.

1 comment:

TrishAnderson said...

OH, Alane, I am so sorry to hear about the passing of James' Dad. You will all be in my prayers. Thinking of you.